Based in Austin, Texas
Steam (Windows / Mac)
ARENA GODS® is Spectacle Combat, a top-down, arena fighting game where 2 to 4 gladiators compete for the crowd’s favor in an anything goes death match spectacle. You are gladiator. Brave the arena and win the crowd to seize godhood!
What started as a week long prototype in the Spring of 2015 grew into an incredible journey through the indie game development scene.
- Fight armed or unarmed, strike or grapple, standing or on the ground.
- Every object can be picked up, wielded as a weapon, and thrown as a projectile.
- Most weapons kill in a single hit, but all can be disarmed.
- Each weapon is unique with specific strengths and weaknesses.
- The arena shifts and changes each round.
- Skill and bravado will win the crowd's favor and grant advantage in combat.
ARENA GODS Pre-Alpha Gameplay February 2017 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection - The MIX @ SIGGRAPH" Los Angeles, USA 2015
- "WINNER - Busan Indie Connect Festival Audience Award" Busan, Korea 2015
- "FINALIST - IGF China" Shanghai, China 2015
- "Official Selection - Day of the Devs" San Francisco, USA 2015
- "Official Selection - The MIX @ GDC" San Francisco, USA 2016
- "FINALIST - SXSW Gamer's Voice Multiplayer" Austin, USA 2016
- "Nominee - BitSummit International Award" Kyoto, Japan 2016
- "Official Selection - Games By The Sea" Brighton, UK 2016
- "Official Selection - The MIX @ EVO" Las Vegas, USA 2016
- "Official Selection - Bit Bash" Chicago, USA 2016
- "Official Selection - IndieCade" Los Angeles, USA 2016
- "Official Selection - Day fo the Devs" San Francisco, USA 2016
- "WINNER - SXSW Gamer's Voice Multiplayer Award" Austin, USA 2017
- "PAX East 2017: A Look At Music And Games"
- MAGFest, MAGFest
- "The Multiplayer Hit of SXSW - On The Front Line of SXSW 2016"
- Chris Watters, Gamespot
- "Local multiplayer round-up: all the couch games we played at GDC"
- PC Gamer, PC Gamer
- "Episode 279: Horrible Adorable"
- Idle Thumbs, Idle Thumbs
- "Arena Gods - The Most Fun I Had at PAX East"
- Jack Rooney, Knerds Online
- "4 Fantastic Indie Party Games from PAX East"
- Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
- "Our GDC 2016 Picks"
- Amanda Hudgins, Supersoul
- "Murph's PAX East 2016 indie game awards"
- Mike Murray, Live Geek or Die
- "Bit Bash: Chicago's Alternative Games Festival"
- D. L. Smith-Lee, That Videogame Blog
- "A Taste of Bit Bash 2016"
- Alex Lupella, Hey Poor Player
- "Upcoming Indie Game Gives Bread and Circuses a Modern Twist"
- Kevin Garcia, Monomythic
About Mark Parrish
I make video games and get punched in the face from time to time.
More information on Mark Parrish, our logo & relevant media are available here.
ARENA GODS Credits
Creator, Original Programmer
3D Character Animations
3D Character Rigging